Facing Charges For A Gun Crime?
Firearms are highly regulated in Illinois. For hunters, collectors, gun enthusiasts and those just looking to keep themselves safe, complying with state and federal gun laws can be a major headache. You must obtain a firearm owner’s identification card (FOID) to legally buy or possess a gun. If you get caught for illegal possession or unlawful use of a firearm, you could face steep criminal penalties, including possible jail time, a conviction on your record, confiscation of your guns, loss of your right to own or carry firearms and harsh fines.
At DRD Law, LLC, in Chicago, we provide a strong and effective defense against all types of gun crimes, including:
- Unlawful use or possession of a firearm
- Aggravated unlawful use
- Unlawful use by a felon
- Unlawful sale, purchase or delivery
- Unlawful discharge
- Armed habitual criminal
- Aggravated assault or battery involving a firearm
Ways To Challenge Gun Charges
There are often many avenues for challenging the prosecution or obtaining a more favorable outcome in a gun crime case. Some examples include:
- The state might not have enough evidence to prove that you knowingly possessed a weapon.
- Law enforcement may not have had legal grounds to search your car, home or person.
- With the help of any attorney, you may be able to negotiate a plea bargain for a lesser offense.
- If it’s your first offense, you may be eligible to dismiss the charges by participating in the First Time Weapon Offender Program.
When you enlist our firm, our attorney will closely examine all the facts and evidence in your case to help you develop a strong defensive strategy. You can expect thorough, attentive guidance so you know what to expect through all stages of the proceedings. Additionally, our lawyer is available to clients 24/7.